About this Degree
The Kinesiology MSc program at University of Toronto can be taken on a full-time or part-time basis.
The field of kinesiology is interdisciplinary. All degree programs are for students interested in research, academic, and professional careers relating to:
- Applied/exercise/environmental physiology
- Biomechanics and ergonomics
- Health-care provision as a kinesiologist
- Metabolic and endocrinological aspects of physical activity
- Motor control and motor learning
- Muscle physiology
- Physical cultural aspects of sport and physical activity
- Physical fitness and athletic strength and conditioning
- Psychological aspects of sport and physical activity
- Psychophysiological aspects of exercise and stress
- Women’s health and physical activity.
The graduate unit and degree program in Kinesiology were formerly known as Exercise Sciences.
- Statistics or Methodology
- The student's annual program plan must be approved by the supervisor
- A thesis written under the supervision of a thesis committee and its oral defence before an examination committee.
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
2.0 full-course equivalents (FCEs)
DisciplinesSports Management Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 279 other Masters in Health Sciences in Canada
Applicants are admitted under the General Regulations of the School of Graduate Studies. Applicants must also satisfy the Graduate Department of Kinesiology's additional admission requirements stated below.
An appropriate Bachelor of Physical Health Education, Bachelor of Kinesiology, or its equivalent from the University of Toronto or from another recognized university.
A background in physical education and health or a discipline compatible with the research interests and interdisciplinary nature of the Faculty of Kinesiology and Physical Education is preferred.
An academic standing equivalent to a University of Toronto B+ (76% to 79%) in the last five full-course equivalents of relevant, senior-level courses.
International27520 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27520 CAD per year during 24 months.
National6210 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6210 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Toronto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.