Biopharmaceutical Processing (Online) from Institute of Technology Sligo overall aim is to deliver training which is customised to meet the exact needs of the clients in the biopharma sector.
Biopharmaceutical Processing involves study of the discovery, development and processing of modern, medical drugs by artificially growing some or all of the components utilising cell culture technologies.
The processes involved are more biological-based as compared to the more chemical-based processes associated with small-molecule pharmaceutical products.
The Medical Biotechnology and Biopharmaceutical sectors are among the fastest growing in the Life Sciences area both nationally and internationally.
At the BioPharma Ambition conference in February 2018 leading international policy leaders, renowned researchers and senior industry personnel, highlighted how all stakeholders in Ireland must continue to support innovation in discovery, development, manufacturing and healthcare solutions to ensure Ireland builds on its success in establishing a thriving biopharma sector. This programme supports this ambition.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fermentation and Cell Culture Process
- Research Methods Biopharma
- Legislation and Regulatory Affairs
- Scale-up and Technology Transfer
- Upstream Bioprocessing Practical
- Protein Purification Processing
- Downstream Bioprocessing Practical
- The programme is open to students who have obtained an honours degree (Level 8) or its equivalent in an appropriate discipline (i.e. Engineering or Life Sciences).
- Other candidates with alternative honours degrees and relevant experience in the BioProcessing industry (typically 5 years duration in a GMP environment) may apply for consideration through the IT Sligo RPL (Recognised Prior Learning) process.
International8250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA4250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8500 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.