This Post-Graduate Certificate in Health Promotion and Wellness Practice from Institute of Technology Sligo aims to develop health promotion competencies and show evidence of using these in health or other settings.
Students will become proficient in utilising evidence informed practice, statistical and data analysis and in health behaviour change approaches.
Graduates will be suitably qualified to work in a wide range of health, community and workplace settings.
Roles may include as health promotion, project and development officers for a range of topics for example sport/physical activity, mental health and sexual health with various population groups.
Graduates may also pursue careers as researchers and wellness practitioners.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Concepts & Competencies for Health Promotion
- Evidence Based Health Promotion Practice
- Health Behaviour Change
- Statistics and Data Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Management Health Sciences View 10 other Masters in Health Management in Ireland
- Applications with a 2.2 Honours award in a relevant discipline may apply.
- Applicants who do not meet this entry criterion may be considered through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
- As Healthy Ireland encourages all sectors of society to engage in promoting health we welcome graduates from a wide variety of backgrounds including but not limited to health science/ health promotion, sport and leisure, education, social sciences and childcare.
International2000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2000 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA2000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2000 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.