Game music is one of the fastest expanding areas of media music. Composing for Video Games will prepare you to enter the industry as a video games composer.
Composing for Video Games programme of ThinkSpace Education will give you all the skills you need to compose and implement fully interactive music using industry standard middleware like FMOD and Wwise. You will be given the space and support to develop as a composer, finding your voice and raising your production and composition to the next level.
On this course, you will learn:
- To compose music for a wide variety of different game genres, from mobile puzzle games through to action and racing games.
- Different ways of creating an interactive strategy to allow the score to respond seamlessly to the gameplay.
- Collaborative and remote working skills, which are vital in such a connected global industry.
- To use FMOD to implement your music interactively in fully functional Unity games and game levels, many specially designed or licenced for the course, including commercial releases.
- Business skills to help you produce a winning portfolio that will help you into a new career.
- Different ways of creating an interactive video game experience, allowing the score to respond seamlessly to gameplay.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Game Audio Technology
- Game Music and Audio
- Research Skills and Critical Reflection
- Advanced Game Music
- Sound, Music and the Moving Image
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Your main application must be in by the 1st of the month before your start date. Any supporting portfolio and documentation can be handed in 2 weeks later.
DisciplinesMusic Video Games & Multimedia Computer Sciences View 11 other Masters in Video Games & Multimedia in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants are required to have successfully completed an undergraduate degree in any subject. A limited number of places are available for non-degree holders (see the ‘Recognition of Prior Learning’ section). We assume that completion of an undergraduate degree shows the applicant has the required level of academic ability to complete the course. Where applicants have been out of education for some time or come from a very different discipline, we can provide additional support through one to one tutorials during their course.
International12950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12950 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
National12950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12950 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.