Students in the Photonics for Security, Reliability and Safety program at University Jean Monnet (Saint-Étienne) will be educated through a strong interaction with industrial partners to application fields as various as: detections of dangerous and\or illegal goods, detection of suspect individuals at borders, signature identification for cashless payment, fighting against counterfeiting, forensics and security markings, analysis of biological systems, detection of driver drowsiness, identification systems in case of medical emergency, measurement of inter-vehicle distances, biomedical applications, medical diagnostics, pollution control, driver vision enhancement, driving assistance (collision avoidance systems), industrial production control, help for a more efficient agriculture, food safety, lab-on-chip biosensors, identification of chemical substances and biological or inorganic materials, high precision fabrication of photonic devices, generation of functional surfaces and advanced materials in industry.
Contact : master.PSRS@univ-st-etienne.fr
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Physical and Fourier Optics
- Optical Engineering
- Digital Image Processing and Analysis
- Algorithmic and Programming
- Scientific Methodology and Project
- Scientific Computing with Matlab
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Informatics & Information Sciences Artificial Intelligence View 24 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor of science (or any nationally recognized first cycle degree equivalent to 180 ECTS), preferably in the fields of engineering, computer science or physics. (While this condition must necessarily be fulfilled at the time of enrollment, the consortium accepts applications from students in the last year of their higher education degree);
- Applicants must possess a solid academic background in the general fields of physics, engineering or computer science.
International18000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Saint-Étienne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.