The Urban Design program from Ajman University will:
- Enable graduates to evaluate and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of real-world design proposals for buildings and urban environments.
- Provide students with advanced skills and knowledge to manage and supervise the development and implementation of design and intervention proposals related to the urban environment.
- Provide in-depth knowledge of the main subject areas of the urban environment regarding the relationships between built form, space, culture, developmental processes and sustainability in its wide-ranging facets.
- Offer the ability to carry out independent study and research.
Graduates of the MSc. Program can work as designers and construction managers, decision makers for city planning, community agencies or governmental authorities. Graduates can also pursue their studies to gain PhD degree and join academic institutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History and Theory of urbanism
- Sustainability and Energy Saving
- Real Estate Development
- Social and Economic Factors and Built Form
- Research Methods
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design Urban Planning View 10 other Masters in Urban Planning in United Arab Emirates
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Architecture with a minimum CGPA of 3.0 on a 0 scale or equivalent.
- Students with a CGPA between 2.0 and 2.99 on a 0 scale or equivalent or with TOEFL 530 and a CGPA of a minimum 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent may be admitted conditionally.
- Evidence of proficiency in English: TOEFL score of at least 550 or equivalent.
- Two confidential recommendation letters.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 575 EUR per credit during 12 months.
National20700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 575 EUR per credit during 12 months.
AED 2500 per credit hour
Living costs for Sharjah
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.