This Water, Waste and Environmental Engineering programme at University College Dublin allows you to gain competencies in the design of facilities to treat water, wastewater and wastes; in the development and protection of water resources; in the design of flood protection system; in the analysis of environmental data; and in the design of infrastructure that respects the principles of environmental sustainability.
Graduates from the programme will find employment as engineers in the private sector (e.g., engineering consultancy, engineering design, project management, risk assessment,waste management), in the public sector (e.g., environmental protection, regulation, standards development, local government, river basin management), and in the non governmental sector (e.g., environmental advocacies, NGO’s), or may wish to pursue further qualifications (e.g., PhD, MBA) to become even more specialised.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Water Waste and Environmental Modelling
- Environmental Research Project
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Quantitative Methods for Engineers
- Remote Sensing
- Waste Management
- Life Cycle Assessment
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Environmental Economics & Policy View 7 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in Ireland
- An honours undergraduate degree (NFQ level 8) with minimum 2:1 award or international equivalence in civil engineering, other related engineering (such as chemical engineering, environmental engineering, agriculturial engineering), physical science or environmental related degree programme.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate English language proficiency of IELTS 6.5 (no band less than 6.0 in each element), or equivalent.
- Students meeting the programme’s academic entry requirements but not the English language requirements, may enter the programme upon successful completion of UCD’s Pre-Sessional or International Pre-Master’s Pathway programmes.
- These are the minimum entry requirements – additional criteria may be requested for some programmes
International25600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25600 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA8085 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8085 EUR per year during 12 months.
- EU fee per year - € 4135
- NonEU fee per year - € 12800
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.