Social Data Analytics equips students with a range of social scientific, computational, informational, statistical, and visual analytics skills, for the analysis of large or complex data that arise from human interaction. Students will receive training in sociological analysis, as well as core coding and programming skills, allowing them to avail of emergent technologies to manage real-world challenges, and conduct informed decision making.
- A wide range of different organizations including government departments, semi-state bodies, private companies in IT, finance and consultancy, as well as sectors such as education, health and social welfare are now exploring the benefits of combining large and complex data resources, including administrative data, for decision making and resource use.
- The MSc in Social Data Analytics at the University College Dublin is ideal for graduates who want to upskill and avail of these excellent employment opportunities. It is designed to enable individuals to combine their social science and/or cognate training with strong technical and analytical skills, and to exploit the wide range of digitised and digital data now accessible by public and private sector organisations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Analytical Sociology
- Social Simulation
- Quantitative Data Analytics and Applications
- Dynamic Social Networks
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
DisciplinesBusiness Intelligence & Analytics Data Science & Big Data Software Engineering View 29 other Masters in Software Engineering in Ireland
- Applicants will be required to hold a 2.1 honours degree (NFQ Level 8 or equivalent), preferably with a social sciences or cognate discipline component, and excellent academic references.
- This programme includes core modules from Computer Science, which is a mathematical subject involving logical understanding and reasoning and therefore applicants must be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of mathematics.
International19900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19900 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA7315 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7315 EUR per year during 12 months.
- EU fee per year - € 4760
- nonEU fee per year - € 9950
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.