This Health Promotion Practice (Online) programme from Institute of Technology Sligo combines the development of expertise in Health Promotion, including skills in research, analysis and communication, with skills in the planning and execution of complex initiatives in this field.
Graduates will be suitably qualified to work in a wide range of health and community settings.
Graduated may pursue careers in research, advocacy and policy development including evidence.
Other opportunities include careers as health project managers, researchers and as wellness practitioners
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Concepts & Competencies for Health Promotion
- Health Project Management
- Quantitative Methods for Health Research
- Qualitative & Mixed Methods for Health Research
- Statistics and Data Analysis
- 6 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 141 other Masters in Health Sciences in Ireland
- Applications with a 2.2 Honours award in a relevant discipline may apply.
- Applicants who do not meet this entry criterion may be considered through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
- As Healthy Ireland encourages all sectors of society to engage in promoting health we welcome graduates from a wide variety of backgrounds including but not limited to health science/ health promotion, sport and leisure, education, health and safety, social sciences and childcare.
International5500 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5500 EUR for the full programme during 6 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 6 months.
Living costs for Sligo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.