DTU is following the COVID-19 situation and its impact closely, please consult the webpage to get the latest updates.
Get a unique opportunity to build your skills as an entrepreneur, and work in diverse teams applying technology for the benefit of people, society and the world.
The programme leads to a Master of Science (MSc) in Technology Entrepreneurship with the Danish title cand.tech.
Throughout this 2-year entrepreneurial journey, you will accelerate your learning through doing. Academic learning and hands-on training combine to support your transformation into a technology entrepreneur. You will be part of a team working together in an all-in-one campus equipped with world-class research facilities and your own team start-up lab.
You will experience a challenging yet supportive environment where you work with others to solve problems and build something new, push boundaries, get uncomfortable, realize control is just an illusion, and get back up each time you fall, until you are standing strong alongside your team, on a socially and economically viable business idea.
Regardless of your academic background, you will become more fluent and literate in transformative technologies such as AI, machine learning, IoT, and blockchain throughout the programme, and graduate with a Master of Science, Technology Entrepreneurship (cand.tech).
After graduating, you will be able to bridge market and technology to create social and sustainable impact and apply innovation processes to any organisation.
As an MSc in Technology Entrepreneurship student, you will specialise in one of the following three study tracks. These specialisations ensure that graduates have the individual and team profiles required for a technology start-up to succeed.
- Technology & Design
- Strategy & User Insight
- Finance & Legal
As an MSc Technology Entrepreneurship graduate, you will either launch your own start-up, become an intrapreneur, Innovation Manager, Business Developer, or work as an entrepreneurial leader, manager, or change-maker in large corporations. As a technology fluent, creative problem solver, your skills will be highly sought after by start-ups, established companies, and organisations. Your ability to master soft and hard skills, work with team members from diverse backgrounds, from engineering to anthropology, and bridge technology and market, not only makes you an ideal candidate but also fit for the future. Furthermore, you may also continue to pursue your studies as a PhD student.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Along with the course content that will help you set up your venture, you will obtain a variety of competences throughout the four semesters. These competences include:
- Teamwork, diversity and culture: Teambuilding, conflict management, team psychology and culture, community building, diversity
- Communication: Intercultural communication, pitching, presenting, visual communication, written communication, storytelling, non-verbal communication
- Process awareness and reflective practice: reflection, learning from failure, creating and implementing your own learning and projects, peer learning/grading/assessment, ethical decision-making
- Identity and personal life: Stress management, meditation, identity carving, work/life balance, entrepreneurial culture
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEntrepreneurship Technology Management General Engineering & Technology View 42 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Denmark
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited academic university or professional bachelor's degree from a university college. Any specialisation can be admitted to the programme. Note: The bachelor’s degree must be less than 10 years old.
- 15 ECTS within the following topic areas:
- Innovation, entrepreneurship and leadership
- IT and data science
- Organisation, economics and law
- Qualitative method
- Quantitative method
- Physics, chemistry, biology, biotechnology, or mathematics
- Anatomy, physiology, pathology or epidemiology or physics, chemistry, biology, biotechnology or mathematics
- Environment, climate or sustainability
- Design or materials
- English proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.