Graduates of the M.Sc. in Medical Physics program from University of British Columbia will:
- understand the physics of medical imaging and radiation oncology;
- be able to apply medical physics theory to frontier research;
- work effectively in clinical and research environments that include oncologists, radiologists, nuclear medicine physicians, cardiologists, neuroscientists, radiation therapy professionals and biomedical engineers;
- be highly competitive in the Canadian and international medical physics labour markets.
What makes the program unique?
Research conducted within the program can directly contribute to provincial heath care initiatives through engagement of associate and adjunct faculty based in local health care institutions.
Both the MSc and PhD medical physicist are eligible to sit the Canadian College of Physicist in Medicine exam which awards the credential for clinical practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Quantum Mechanics
- Radiotherapy Physics
- Advanced Radiation Biophysics
- Radiation Dosimetry
- Radiological Imaging
- Clinical Experience in Medical Physics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Human Medicine Health Sciences View 218 other Masters in Health Sciences in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants have to submit transcripts from all past post-secondary study. Document submission requirements depend on whether your institution of study is within Canada or outside of Canada.
- A minimum of three references are required for application to graduate programs at UBC. References should be requested from individuals who are prepared to provide a report on your academic ability and qualifications.
- Many programs require a statement of interest, sometimes called a "statement of intent", "description of research interests" or something similar.
- Applicants should browse faculty profiles and indicate in their application who they are interested in working with. No commitment from a supervisor prior to applying is necessary, but contacting faculty members is encouraged.
- Permanent Residents of Canada must provide a clear photocopy of both sides of the Permanent Resident card.
International8952 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8952 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5095 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5095 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.