Offered at the University of British Columbia, this unique Master of Data Science degree in Computational Linguistics is tailored to those with a passion for language and data. The program combines foundational data science courses with advanced computational linguistics courses equipping graduates with the skills to turn language-related data into knowledge and to build AI that can interpret human language
What makes the program unique?
Courses are taught by a combined arts (linguistics), computer science, and statistics faculty giving students access to key experts within each field of study. Students learn fundamental data science skills, techniques, and tools with the core Master of Data Science cohort, then branch off into more specialized courses, experiencing the benefits of a large program and small program in one.
- Programming for Data Science
- Computing Platforms for Data Science
- Descriptive Statistics and Probability for Data Science
- Corpus Linguistics
- Data Visualization
- Data Wrangling
- Algorithms & Data Structures
- Statistical Inference and Computation
- 10 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data Linguistics View 31 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants are advised to use the online application system. Learn more about application fees, payment methods, and application fee waivers.
- A statement of interest is an important part of most graduate school applications. It may also be called a "statement of intent", "description of research interests" or something similar.
- Applicants from a university outside Canada in which English is not the primary language of instruction must provide results of an English language proficiency examination as part of their application.
- All students who are enrolled in programs that include a practicum component involving work with children or vulnerable adults will have to undergo a criminal record check before they will be permitted to register in the practicum.
International45898 CAD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45898 CAD for the full programme during 10 months.
National32472 CAD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32472 CAD for the full programme during 10 months.
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.