A graduate program in applied areas of biological and biomedical sciences.
The Biological and Biomedical Sciences programme of the Hamad Bin Khalifa University offer students an education that provides them with an advanced level of knowledge – particularly in applied areas of biological and biomedical sciences – and helps them develop critical and independent reasoning skills.
- The exploration of a rigorous curriculum designed to provide a strong foundation, as well as cutting-edge knowledge in both the theoretical and applied aspects of biomedically relevant areas of biology.
- The development of vital professional skills, such as clear verbal and written communication and critical evaluation of others’ work.
- Students will be exposed to state-of-the-art basic, clinical, computational, and translational life sciences research.
- Five mandatory foundation courses
- A minimum of three elective courses
- Attendance at departmental seminars
- Thesis work and laboratory training
Applicants seeking admission to the Master of Science in Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS) must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. They must have an excellent undergraduate academic record (minimum 3.0 GPA or equivalent) with a strong background in science and evidence of coursework in biological or medical sciences. Prior research experience will be seen as favorable.
Applicants are required to submit an IELTS score of 6.5 or a TOEFL score of 79 in order to demonstrate their proficiency in English. Applicants can be exempt from this requirement if they meet one of the conditions listed below:
- The applicant completed their studies at a university in a country where English is the native language
- The applicant provides an official letter confirming that they obtained their degree from a university where the medium of instruction is English (if not otherwise exempt)
- The applicant's first language is English
International25061 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50123 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National25061 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50123 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
- QAR 182,500 per full
Living costs for Ar Rayyan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.