The Sustainable Environment program of the Hamad Bin Khalifa University provides students with extensive knowledge in topics related to sustainable environment issues. These include the effect of human development on the environment; the causes, impact and control of pollution; and the demands of a growing global and regional population and economic development on natural resources and the environment.
Students conduct original and guided environmental research that concentrates on issues surrounding the support of sustainable development.
The multidisciplinary approach to the curricula builds fundamental knowledge that evolves with the developments within the field, equipping graduates with the tools needed to pursue a wide variety of career paths.
- Core skills to build a successful career in science, engineering and technology-related areas, including ethics, technical writing, research methods, data analytics, and advanced computing methods.
- Fundamentals of sustainable development and human-environment interactions related to policy, social issues, engineering and technology, and the fundamentals of environmental processes.
- Waterdemand,resourcemanagement, and treatment processes.
- Air emission sources and how these relate to human activity, as well as the impact on human health, economic and social development; and the chemistry, cause and mitigation of key pollutants.
- Explore the impact of human activities such as industrial development, energy generation, water treatment, food production and manufacturing, transportation on land, water and air, including solid and hazardous waste generation and disposal.
- Social and economic aspects of sustainability including demand side management, efficiency, human capital, financing, and policymaking.
- Three core courses
- Five elective courses (six if undertaking an industrial project)
- A nine-credit research thesis or a six-credit industrial/applied project
- Two semesters of graduate research seminars
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSustainable Development Environmental Management Environmental Sciences
- A strong academic record (minimum 3.0 GPA out of 4.0) from a recognized university
- Applicants should have degrees in Engineering and science disciplines. Students from architecture, urban planning. business, economics, policy and social sciences demonstrating strong analytical skills will also be considered.
- Applicants are required to submit a valid IELTS score of 6.5 or TOEFL score of 79 to demonstrate their proficiency in English
- Official electronic copies of transcripts and graduation statements should be submitted as part of the online application
- Applicants should submit two letters of recommendation
- Applicants should submit a personal statement as part of the online application
- Applicants should submit a copy of their current resume or curriculum vitae
- All applicants should submit an electronic copy of their passport as part of the online application
International25061 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50123 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National25061 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50123 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
- QAR 182,500 per full
Living costs for Ar Rayyan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.