The Sustainable Energy program of the Hamad Bin Khalifa University provides students with extensive knowledge in topics related to sustainable energy and the impact of growth, urbanization, transportation and manufacturing on energy and overall sustainable development. The programs also look at the implications and drivers of sustainable policymaking on society, the economy, and the environment.
A key component for both degrees is original, guided research in energy science, technologies and policies that support sustainable development.
The multidisciplinary approach to the curricula allows for engagement in cross-disciplinary science and builds fundamental knowledge that evolves with developments in the energy field, equipping graduates with the tools needed to pursue a wide variety of career paths.
- Skills to build a successful career in science, engineering, technology and developmental studies including ethics, technical writing, research methods, data analytics, and advanced computing methods.
- Fundamentals of energy engineering, sciences and technologies for sustainability.
- Fossil fuel energy use and environmental impact.
- Engineering and scientific development of renewable green energy.
- Energy storage, distribution and consumption efficiency.
- Social and economic aspects of sustainability including, but not limited to, demand side management, efficiency, human capital, financing, and policymaking.
- Three core courses
- Five elective courses (six if taking industrial/ applied thesis/project)
- A nine-credit research thesis or six-credit
- Two graduate research seminars
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology Sustainable Energy
- A strong academic record (minimum 3.0 GPA out of 4.0) from a recognized university
- Applicants should have degrees in Engineering and science disciplines. Students from architecture, urban planning. business, economics, policy and social sciences demonstrating strong analytical skills will also be considered
- Applicants are required to submit a valid IELTS score of 6.5 or TOEFL score of 79 to demonstrate their proficiency in English
- Official electronic copies of transcripts and graduation statements should be submitted as part of the online application
- Applicants should submit two letters of recommendation
- Applicants should submit a personal statement as part of the online application
- Applicants should submit a copy of their current resume or curriculum vitae
- All applicants should submit an electronic copy of their passport as part of the online application
International25061 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50123 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National25061 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50123 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
- QAR 182,500 per full
Living costs for Ar Rayyan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.