The Data Analytics in Health Management program of the Hamad Bin Khalifa University is the first of its kind in the world and aims to train talented scientists and researchers to effectively contribute to the design and implementation of data analytic tools in health care systems in Qatar and beyond.
During the course of their studies at CSE, students will undergo specialized training that will equip them to develop advanced and effective strategies and policies to enhance preventive care, reduce per capita cost of patient care, and enhance progress in diagnostics and medical research leading to the development of more efficient healthcare systems. Uniquely, the program will also give students a myriad of opportunities to collaborate with professionals from relevant industrial and government sectors around the world, inspiring the student body with positive qualities of leadership, social consciousness, integrity, and general ethics.
Enrolled students will:
- Develop core knowledge in data analytics. Students will acquire essential skills for scientific studies, research work, and decision-making through undergoing core courses that include artificial intelligence in healthcare, principles of health informatics, computational bioinformatics, and research methods and ethics in health and genomics.
- Master big data systems for multiple disciplines, exploring the impact of examining big data (large datasets containing a variety of data types for health or other applications).
- Furthermore, students will be trained to master state-of-the-art tools and methodologies in uncovering hidden patterns, unknown correlations, market trends, customer preferences and other useful business information from big data.
- Study ethics involved in data analytics: Students
- will obtain a deep knowledge of today’s health management systems and their pitfalls. Importantly, they will apply high ethical standards and propose draft policies for dealing with big data applied to health management. A key objective of the MDA-HM program is to foster a strong understanding of health management values, policies, challenges and opportunities, as well as their impact on health.
- Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare
- Principles of Health Informatics
- Computational Bioinformatics
- Research Methods and Ethics in Health and Genomics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHealth Administration Business Intelligence & Analytics Data Science & Big Data
- A strong academic record (minimum 3.0 GPA out of 4.0) from a recognized university
- A bachelor's degree or background in Computer science, information systems, engineering, mathematics and related fields
- Applicants are required to submit a valid IELTS score of 6.5 or TOEFL score of 79 to demonstrate their proficiency in English
- Official electronic copies of transcripts and graduation statements should be submitted as part of the online application
- Applicants should submit two letters of recommendation
- Applicants should submit a personal statement as part of the online application
- Applicants should submit a copy of their current resume or curriculum vitae
- All applicants should submit an electronic copy of their passport as part of the online application
International25061 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50123 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National25061 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50123 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
QAR 182,500 per full
Living costs for Ar Rayyan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.