Theatre Directing from University of Ottawa allows students to develop their skills in the art of directing, and offers the unique opportunity to study both English and French theatre practices and traditions in a bilingual and bicultural setting.
The program is designed to prepare students to work as directors in both the professional and academic theatre.
- Epistemology of Theatre Studies
- Theory of Performance
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Management Studies Theatre & Dance View 31 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in Canada
- A bachelor’s degree with a specialization or a major, or the equivalent, in Theatre with a minimum average of 75% (B+) in the last two years and a 70 % (B) average overall;
- A solid background in the literature, theory and history of the theatre;
- A working knowledge of how theatre is done, including an understanding of the basic techniques of acting, production and theatre administration;
- Experience and a demonstrable skill and talent for theatre directing;
- Some successful pursuit of theatre work beyond the university setting;
- Resume (must include chronological academic history)
- Letter of intent (3 pages maximum) including your motivations to pursue this program and a short description of your intended research project
- 3 Recommendation letters
- English Proficiency
International18346 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9173 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National4912 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2456 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Ottawa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.