Key Facts about Sustainsble Development Practice at School for International Training
Grounded in SIT’s unique brand of experiential, place-based learning, explore how global health crises, economic inequality, natural resource degradation, and political and ethnic conflict are interconnected, requiring a new generation of highly educated, innovative, multidisciplinary development practitioners.
Starting in Quito, Ecuador, a city high in the Andes, you will explore the challenges of one of the most biodiverse countries in the world while learning from faculty, guest lecturers, and experts in the field. Study ecological impacts, forest regeneration, sustainable land practices, and conservation on excursion to northern Ecuador’s patchwork of cloud forests. Excursions may also include trips to the coast.
The Development Practice program of the School for International Training offers you a chance to obtain professional skills while conducting research and fieldwork in a highly competitive global environment.
Students who have graduated with this degree have worked in careers such as:
- Career development specialist
- Foreign Service officer
- Monitoring and evaluation officer
- Program manager in sustainability
- Program manager in food and nutrition security
- Public health analyst with a government agency
- Independent consultant in nonprofit sector
- Director, government development policy
- Senior policy associate
- Sustainable Development
- Critical Issues in Global Health
- Development Economics
- Culture and Development
- Professional Development Seminar
- Practitioner Inquiry
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
Application Deadline for U.S. & Permanent Residents - January 31, Rolling Thereafter Until June 1
International Students - No rolling admission
DisciplinesInternational Development Sustainable Development Environmental Management
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- US bachelor’s degree or an equivalent that demonstrates academic ability (not applicable for some certificate programs). Applicants from institutions outside the US must hold the equivalent of a US bachelor’s degree from a college or university of recognized standing
- Demonstrated English language ability
- Intercultural and professional experience
- Demonstrated ability to use experience as a source of learning
International45445 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45445 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National45445 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45445 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State45445 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45445 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Kampala
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.