Classical Studies from University of Ottawa also offers the possibility of studying Coptic, Syriac and Ethiopic (in addition to Latin and Greek). Candidates will acquire a thorough background that will enable them to pursue doctoral studies.
Students at Classical Studies from University of Ottawa will:
- broaden their knowledge in certain areas.
- conduct detailed research,
- argue coherently,
- write an academic paper
- The Latin Chronicle Tradition
- Late Roman Historiography
- Topics in Latin Palaeography
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory General Studies & Classics Literature View 104 other Masters in History in Canada
- An honours bachelor’s, or an equivalent degree, in Classics, in Medieval Studies or in a closely related area, with an overall average of at least 70% (B) and 75% (B+) in the advanced Classical Studies courses.
- 18 units of classical language courses (12 units in either Greek or Latin and 6 units in the other language) with a minimum average of 75% (B+).
- 2 Recommendation letters
- English Proficiency
- Resume (must include chronological academic history)
- Letter of intent in which you describe the intended field of research and your interest in the Medieval and Renaissance Studies
- Eighteen units of courses in ancient languages (twelve credits of Greek or Latin and six credits of the other language) with a minimum average of 75% (B+)
International4912 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2456 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National4912 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2456 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Ottawa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.