If you want to learn more about the human footprint on coastal ecosystems, the Master in Coastal Ecology programme at the University of Agder (UiA) is for you. It is also perfect for those who wish to know more about conservation Science, ecosystem services and the potential for sustainable food production in coastal areas. The programme offers the opportunity to work with field based or experimental projects that will give you a good introduction to scientific research.
Through its Centre for Coastal Research, the University of Agder cooperates with world-leading environments, where GRID-Arendal, the Norwegian Institute of Marine Research (IMR), the Norwegian Institute for Water Research (NIVA), the University of Oslo, as well as business partners from Southern Norway all contribute with education and guidance in this master’s programme.
Through these partnerships, the University of Agder can offer stimulating research topics and student projects. Meanwhile, you will have a chance to build a network among well-established specialists.
The Master in Coastal Ecology at the University of Agder is a future-oriented programme that will qualify you for a number of positions related to this field. For example within public environmental- and fisheries management, private sector consultancies, in environmental impact assessment, or in the "blue industry": aquaculture business and industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Coastal Benthic Ecology
- Statistics in Ecological Studies
- Scientific Communication
- Applied Fish Ecology
- Pollution of Costal and Marine Ecosystems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesBiology Ecology Environmental Sciences View 6 other Masters in Ecology in Norway
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- General admission criteria to Master’s programmes are given in Regulations concerning Requirements for Master’s Degrees, established by the Ministry of Education and Research. The general requirement is a completed Bachelor’s degree, cand.mag.- degree, or another degree or vocational education with a scope of minimum 3 years’ duration.
- Either: an integrated programme of at least two years duration within biology/ecology.
- Or: a major subject of at least 80 credits within biology/ecology.
- A weighted, average grade of C or better is required, see Regulations concerning admission to programmes and courses at the University of Agder, § 24. The grade requirement is calculated from all the grades included in the bachelor’s degree.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
There are no tuition fees at the University of Agder. Exchange students are also exempt from the semester fee.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.