The Coastal Ecology programme from University of Agder offers the opportunity to work with field based or experimental projects that will give you a good introduction to scientific research.
Through its Centre for Coastal Research, the University of Agder cooperates with world-leading environments, where GRID-Arendal, the Norwegian Institute of Marine Research (IMR), the Norwegian Institute for Water Research (NIVA), the University of Oslo, as well as business partners from Southern Norway all contribute with education and guidance in this master’s programme.
Through these partnerships, the University of Agder can offer stimulating research topics and student projects. Meanwhile, you will have a chance to build a network among well-established specialists.
- Coastal Benthic Ecology
- Statistics in Ecological Studies
- Scientific Communication
- Applied Fish Ecology
- Pollution of Costal and Marine Ecosystems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Ecology Environmental Sciences View 19 other Masters in Biology in Norway
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Agder and/or in Norway, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- General admission criteria to Master’s programmes are given in Regulations concerning Requirements for Master’s Degrees, established by the Ministry of Education and Research. The general requirement is a completed Bachelor’s degree, cand.mag.- degree, or another degree or vocational education with a scope of minimum 3 years’ duration.
- Either: an integrated programme of at least two years duration within biology/ecology.
- Or: a major subject of at least 80 credits within biology/ecology.
- A weighted, average grade of C or better is required, see Regulations concerning admission to programmes and courses at the University of Agder, § 24. The grade requirement is calculated from all the grades included in the bachelor’s degree.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- There are no tuition fees for EU/EEA applicants at the University of Agder.
Living costs for Kristiansand
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.