Why Applied Econometrics and Forecasting program at ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management
- A Master's degree with unique characteristics in Portugal, the only one where the core area is Econometrics.
- ISEG pioneered the teaching of Econometrics, over 50 years ago, thus has a long tradition in teaching this subject.
- The vast majority of ISEG’s faculty has carried out internationally-recognized research with publications in the most highly ranked Econometrics and Statistics journals.
- The Masters in Applied Econometrics and Forecasting develops skills to integrate theoretical and empirical knowledge critically and creatively, and to familiarize students with various IT programs for quantitative analysis.
MEAP graduates are employed in:
- Public sector economic research and statistics department;
- Private sector economic research and planning departments;
- Banking and Insurance;
- Higher and Secondary Education;
- Consulting Firms
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Time Series Analysis and Forecast
- Topics in Statistical Inference
- Time Series Analysis for Finance
The Masters of Applied Econometrics and Forecasting is designed for those intending to complete, consolidate, update, and strengthen their 1 st Cycle education in the areas of Statistics, Econometrics, Time Series, and Forecasting.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- 1 st Phase 23 November to 28 February
- 2 nd Phase 1 March to 30 April
- 3 rd Phase 1 May to 13 June (Applications by international student (outside Europe) are not recommended during the 3 rd Phase, on account of the time it takes to issue visas)
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Econometrics View 19 other Masters in Economics in Portugal
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Masters is aimed, above all, for those who intend to get close to the boundary of knowledge. The Postgraduate course is designed for technical personnel who need to keep up-to-date, and also for recent graduates looking for a technical expertise.
- Applications are considered from eligible graduates in Economics, Engineering, Statistics, Finance, Management, Mathematics, or MAEG. Applications from other Bachelors graduates will be duly considered by the Scientific and Pedagogical Board.
- This is a professional Masters by nature, conferring a professional expertise which can culminate with an internship in a company. It is also designed for those who wish to enhance their prospects of an academic and/or research career.
- Identity document (Citizens Card/Passport);
- Undergraduate degree conclusion certificate with final average grade
- Grade transcript with full list course list and grades
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4266 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6400 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
EU/EEA3400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5100 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
Living costs for Lisbon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
ISEG is one of the universities which has signed a partnership with the José Neves Foundation to put into action the programme to support students access further education and acquire skills for the future, called "The FJN Income Sharing Agreement ". Further information on https://joseneves.org/pt/quer-ser-parceiro.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.