Religious Studies - Medieval and Renaissance Studies from University of Ottawa introduces you to disciplines that play a role in the study of religions are primarily of a historical, sociological, psychological and anthropological nature. Such a study must take into account the plurality of religious traditions and expressions in society and examine the relationships among them.
Students at Religious Studies - Medieval and Renaissance Studies from University of Ottawa will:
- get a multi-disciplinary education in Medieval and Renaissance Studies;
- gain knowledge in theoretical approaches and methods of research specific to the study of the period.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Second Temple Judaism
- Psychoanalysis and Religion
- Freud, Jung and Religion
- Origins of Christianity
- Seminar in Religious Studies
- Current Approaches to the Study of Religion
- Religion and Society in Cross-cultural Analysis
- Religion and Anthropology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Ancient History Christian Studies View 29 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants who hold a bachelor with honours in Religious Studies or the equivalent with at least second-class standing may be admitted to the master's program.
- Those who do not have an honours degree in religious studies may be admitted to a qualifying year during which they complete the requirements normally included in the honours program.
- As part of their application, applicants must submit a statement (1-2 pages) describing their research interests.
- Resume (must include chronological academic history)
- Letter of intent in which you describe the intended field of research and your interest in the Medieval and Renaissance Studies
- 2 Recommendation letters
- English Proficiency
International16980 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8490 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National4912 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2456 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.