The Strategic Urban and Regional Planning programme from Linköping University has a special focus on regional development challenges in European countries.
New IT infrastructures in smart energy and transport systems, problems with segregation, and the urban-rural relationship, are just a few challenges that urban and regional planning must respond to and manage in a long-term sustainable perspective.
The programme offers training in urban and regional planning, with a focus on strategic planning. Core elements are identifying and managing planning issues within complex social, environmental and economic realities. This helps you develop skills in conducting studies, formulating strategies and coordinating overall planning at various levels of society.
In line with LiU tradition, there is a close collaboration with public and private employers offering real-world learning opportunities. As a student you are able to specialise in your area of interest.
The programme prepares you for a professional career as a planning and environmental strategist, plan manager, overview planner, district developer, urban planner or external analyst. You will be qualified for positions in regional associations, county councils, various government agencies, private enterprises, and non-profit organisations. You will also qualify for doctoral studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Strategic urban and regional planning
- Planning and Public administration
- Strategic planning of urban climate transitions
- Changed prerequisites for strategic urban and regional planning – urbanization and globalization
- Planning for a sustainable information society
- Strategic planning – regions and EU
- Research methods in strategic urban and regional planning
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Urban Planning View 16 other Masters in Urban Planning in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree in urban and regional planning or other relevant subject area equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen.
- English corresponding to the level of English in Swedish upper secondary education (English 6/B). Exemption from Swedish.
International18751 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18751 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- SEK 190000
Living costs for Linköping
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.