You will sharpen your skills in analysing the causes of migration, as well as its consequences for emerging formations of race, gender, labour, citizenship, healthcare, welfare and culture.
The Ethnic and Migration Studies programme from Linköping University is interdisciplinary, integrating the humanities and the social sciences. In true LiU-spirit, there is a strong commitment to problem-solving, critical and innovative approaches.
You will learn how migration shapes society, from a historical and sociological point of view. Our dedicated students reach in-depth knowledge in the field of intersectional migration studies.
You can tailor your education towards a special interest, profession or field of expertise, by choosing elective courses, studies abroad and internships.
When you graduate, you’ll be qualified for positions in local, national and international organisations, administration, business, government, media and the cultural sector, as well as for further postgraduate studies and research.
- Historical perspectives on ethnicity and migration
- The World System in the Post-colonial Era
- Class, Labour Migration and Globalization
- Critical Methodologies in Ethnic and Migration Studies
- Intersectional Migration Studies: Bodies, Genders, Sexualities
- Race, Ethnicity and Migration in Culture and the Arts
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen within the humanities, fine arts, cultural studies, social sciences, behavioural sciences, health sciences or natural sciences or equivalent qualifications is required.
- English corresponding to the level of English in Swedish upper secondary education (English 6/B). Exemption from Swedish 3.
International15790 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15790 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- SEK 160000
Living costs for Linköping
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.