Management Sciences offered by the University of Waterloo is a broad interdisciplinary study of problem solving and decision making in organizations. It uses a combination of analytical models, data science, and behavioural sciences to address societies' most complex problems.
Conducting meaningful research that will impact industries and economies, our students and faculty work under three core areas of specialization: applied operations research, information systems, and management of technology.
Waterloo's innovative management engineering program provides undergraduate students with an engineering education required to understand, design, implement, and manage complex management systems upon which organisations depend.
Management engineers use industrial engineering principles, math, and computer programming to optimise and improve processes in any organisation. By graduation, students have gained a strong background in data analytics, information systems, operations and supply chain management, and organisational behaviour that can take them just about anywhere, from software to finance, supply chain, logistics, health care, and more.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Research Methods in the Management Sciences
- Strategic Management of Technological Innovation
- Principles of Operations Research
- Organizational Theory & Behaviour
- Foundations of Senior Management
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaster in Management (MIM) View 14 other Masters in Master in Management (MIM) in Canada
- The Department of Management Sciences requires either (i) a 75% overall standing in the last two years, or equivalent, in a relevant four-year Honours Bachelor's degree or equivalent; or (ii) a 75% overall standing or equivalent
- Background in quantitative methods (e.g., Calculus, Linear Algebra, Probability and Statistics).
- All applicants must submit a "Statement of Purpose" - a one page statement addressing their academic background, area of research interest, proposed research studies.
- Supplementary Information Form (SIF)
- Resume, letter, writing sample
- Permanent Resident Card
International14084 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7042 CAD per semester and a duration of 18 months.
National4508 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2254 CAD per semester and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.