Management Sciences at University of Waterloo is a broad interdisciplinary study of problem solving and decision making in organizations. It uses a combination of analytical models, data science, and behavioural sciences to address societies' most complex problems.
Conducting meaningful research that will impact industries and economies, our students and faculty work under three core areas of specialization: applied operations research, information systems, and management of technology.
Graduate research fields
- Applied Operations Research
- Information Systems
- Management of Technology
- Waterloo has built an entrepreneurial ecosystem that propels students to transform and disrupt the status quo. We offer our graduate students opportunities to engage in experiential learning and connect with industry to support them in inquiry and impact-driven research.
- We have a wide range of professional and online programs that, alongside our research programs, support our students in the creation of personal, economic, and societal value.
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaster in Management (MIM) View 15 other Masters in Master in Management (MIM) in Canada
- The Department of Management Sciences requires either (i) a 75% overall standing in the last two years, or equivalent, in a relevant four-year Honours Bachelor's degree or equivalent; or (ii) a 75% overall standing or equivalent, in a relevant four-year Honours Bachelor's degree or equivalent, as the minimum requirement for admission to a Master's program for applicants educated at a Canadian institution.
- Background in quantitative methods (e.g., Calculus, Linear Algebra, Probability and Statistics).
- All applicants must submit a "Statement of Purpose" - a one page statement addressing their academic background, area of research interest, proposed research studies.
- Three references.
- Proof of English language proficiency, if applicable. TOEFL 90 (writing 25 speaking 25), IELTS 7.0 (writing 6.5, speaking 6.5)
International14508 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7254 CAD per semester during 18 months.
National4508 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2254 CAD per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for Waterloo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.