Here you will find some of the most interesting, unusual, and significant course material for an understanding of the ancient Mediterranean world as a parent of the Middle Ages, the Renaissance, and the modern western world, presented to you in a variety of class types and teaching techniques.
- Even if you do not intend to major in Classical Studies at University of Waterloo, we welcome you in any of our courses. No matter how many or how few courses you decide to take, we will endeavour to make the classical past alive and significant for you.
- The Faculty of Arts acknowledges that we are living and working on the traditional territory of the Attawandaron (also known as Neutral), Anishinaabe and Haudenosaunee peoples. The University of Waterloo is situated on the Haldimand Tract, the land promised to the Six Nations that includes six miles on each side of the Grand River.
- Topics in Roman History
- Topics in Ancient History
- Classical Studies Abroad
- Topics in Greek Language
- Topics in Latin Language
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Studies & Classics View 41 other Masters in General Studies & Classics in Canada
- An Honours Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Classical Studies (or closely related discipline with similar language training) with an overall average of 78% in the last two years of undergraduate study.
- An Honours Bachelor’s degree from a program other than Classical Studies (or closely related discipline with similar language training) may be acceptable if evidence justifying admission is offered; however, a program of appropriate preparatory studies (a qualifying year) may be required of such students.
- Three references, normally from academic sources
- Proof of English language proficiency, if applicable. TOEFL 100 (writing 26, speaking 26), IELTS 7.5 (writing 7.0, speaking 7.0)
International15392 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7696 AUD per semester during 24 months.
National4508 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2254 AUD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Waterloo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.