Our School, based at the European University Institute in Florence, offers the ideal setting for this purpose: students benefit from the Institute's resources and networks, while drawing on the ambience that inspired thought leaders and change-makers such as Da Vinci, Machiavelli and Caterina de Medici.
Combining interdisciplinary perspectives with hands-on training
The Transnational Governance program from School of Transnational Governance at European University Institute (EUI) is designed to examine the most pressing policy issues of our time through an interdisciplinary lens, by bringing together perspectives from political science, sociology, economics, law, history and business/technology.
Built upon a uniquely analytical approach that considers the broader impact of governing beyond nation states, students learn not only which policy tools to consider, but how best to combine and orchestrate them in order to design effective outcome-driven transnational policies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Public Leadership, Management and Administration
- International Political Economy and Regulation
- Politics, Democracy and Citizenship
- Peace, Conflict and Security
- Digitalisation, Technology and Media
- Climate, Migration and Health
- Gender and Diversity
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 22 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Public Administration Political Science View 23 other Masters in Political Science in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The applicant must have obtained, or be in process of obtaining, an undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, of at least 180 ECTS credits) before the starting date of the master’s programme.
- It is not possible to be enrolled on Master in Transnational Governance and another academic programme at the same time, unless a specific joint degree programme exists between the EUI and that university or institution.
- Application Form
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of the Degree(s) diploma
- Copy of a Transcript of records
- Statement of purpose
- English international language certificate (if applicable)
- Copy of an identity document
- 2 Letters of reference from academics
- Video presentation: serving the purpose of enabling the Selection Committee to develop a more accurate judgement of your scholarly knowledge, academic interest, experiences and language skills.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 EUR per year during 22 months.
EU/EEA14000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 EUR per year during 22 months.
Living costs for Florence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Scholarships and financial support are available.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.