The Transnational Governance program from European University Institute (EUI) is designed to examine the most pressing policy issues of our time through an interdisciplinary lens, transcending the limits of a single country or region by bringing together perspectives from political science, sociology, economics, law, history and business/technology.
Complex forces at play in today’s governance frameworks are now the rule, rather than the exception – a multiplicity of issue-areas and actors, whether public or private, local or international, governmental or NGO.
The challenges resulting from these interdependencies will prevail at an accelerating rate due to technology’s rapid disruption of almost every industry affecting the political balance of power in every country. Most traditional public policy, public administration and international relations degrees take the State as the main unit of analysis and policy action.
The Master in Transnational Governance is designed to provide the knowledge necessary to navigate and excel in a context where the processes of governing take place beyond the State.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Both modular and flexible, the core curriculum is designed to examine key transnational themes such as migration, climate change, gender governance, digital policy, trade and finance, and peace and security, to name a few.
- Students are required to declare a focus in one or more consolidation theme areas at the end of the first year in order to direct their professional development internship experience. The second year will require focused study in their selected thematic areas of specialisation to prepare them for proactive career development activities.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- 15 January - early application deadline
DisciplinesInternational Relations Public Administration Political Science View 15 other Masters in Political Science in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Candidates must have completed an undergraduate degree, bachelor-level or equivalent (180 ECTS) from a recognised university or institution of higher education. If you do not have an undergraduate degree at the moment of application, you are required to indicate the estimated date of receipt in the application form.
- Applicants should register two academic referees in the online application form and ensure that their reference letters are submitted online by the submission deadline.
- The GRE (Graduate Record Examination Test) is not required, but candidates who took the test can include the results in their application documents.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA14000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Scholarships and financial aid are allocated based on needs and merit. Applicants who require financial assistance are encouraged to apply by the priority deadline.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.