Research at Liverpool
The Department of Biostatistics is one of the largest departments of Biostatistics in the UK, undertaking high-impact research in statistical genetics, pharmacogenetics, joint modelling of longitudinal and time-to-event data, multivariate data analysis, stereology, multi-source evidence synthesis and clinical trials.
The Biostatistics MPhil/PhD/MD programme at the University of Liverpool can be thought of as a shorter version of the PhD. It requires the same research skills, training, planning, and project management. It can be a way to assess whether you wish to undertake doctoral research - or it can be taken for its own sake.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Clinical trials
- Survival data analysis
- Multivariate and multilevel data analysis
- Methods for evaluating biomarkers
- Statistical pharmacogenetic
- Joint modelling of longitudinal and time-to-event data
- Pharmacodynamics personalised dosing algorithms
- Statistical performance monitoring
- Quality of life data analysis.
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply all year round
DisciplinesBiology Statistics Genetics View 450 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
- Applications are welcomed from well qualified graduates who would typically hold a UK first degree or equivalent in the first or 2:1 class, or a 2:2 class degree plus a Masters degree, in a relevant subject.
- Applicants for postgraduate research study at Liverpool are normally expected to hold a UK first degree with a First Class or Upper Second Class degree classification, or a Second Class degree plus a Master’s degree. Equivalent international qualifications are also accepted, and their equivalence will be evaluated on the basis of the information provided by the National Academic Recognition and Information Centre (NARIC) as well as internal guidance based on our experience of a qualification’s suitability as a preparation for our programmes.
International18450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18450 GBP per year during 24 months.
National4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 GBP per year during 24 months.
- EU/International students lab based £24,250
- National- £2,250
- EU/International- £12,125 (lab based) £9,225 (non Lab based)
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.