The Veterinary Physiotherapy course from University of Liverpool is recognised by the Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Animal Therapy (ACPAT) as an upgrading route for ‘Category A’ membership.
Method of Teaching
Postgraduate Diploma modules are delivered as part of a fully-taught, structured e-learning programme, where students receive support and guidance from subject specialists. Candidates do not work in isolation but as part of a teaching group, with regular contact with fellow students and academics online via evening journal clubs and discussion boards.
The virtual learning environment also includes access to the University of Liverpool's online library.
In addition, candidates attend a total of 4 weeks or 20 days practical training at the University of Liverpool's Leahurst campus: 20 practical days with a clinical educator and an additional 10 days in veterinary practices over the two-year programme. The 50 days of practical training provide candidates with the opportunity to apply the knowledge and skills learned on the programme.
Some practical training may be completed abroad for candidates studying from non-UK countries.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Anatomy & Biomechanics for the Veterinary Physiotherapist
- Principles of Veterinary Physiotherapy & Approach to the Animal Patient
- Orthopaedics of the Common Domestic Species for the Veterinary Physiotherapist
- Veterinary Physiotherapy Practice
- Neuromotor System in Performance & Disease
- Advanced Veterinary Physiotherapy Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Veterinary Medicine View 23 other Masters in Physiotherapy in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Candidates who are Chartered Physiotherapists and registered, or eligible to register, with The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP), or equivalent, and have a minimum of one years' experience in practice post graduation at the next start date of 30 August, may apply for a place on the Veterinary Physiotherapy programme.
- Prerequisites for this programme are eligibility for registration with the Health Professions Council (or equivalent Physiotherapists Registration Board for international delegates). In addition to this, candidates need to have a minimum of one years' experience post graduation as a practising Physiotherapist by the start date.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5400 GBP per year during 24 months.
National4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 GBP per year during 24 months.
- Year 3 (Research Project): For UK students £2000
- Year 3 (Research Project): For non UK students £2400
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.