The General Linguistics program from Uppsala University gives you the opportunity to read work-oriented courses specially designed for language students. The studies will also prepare you for future research, making you eligible for doctoral studies.
The Faculty of Languages at Uppsala University has Sweden's broadest range of education in languages and language-related subjects. You choose to specialise in one of the main field of studies. It can be language, literature, linguistics and more.
Completing the Master's Programme in Lanuage, specialising in Linguistics, will help you to develop intellectually, refining your research and analytical skills in ways that will prepare you either for doctoral study or for employment beyond the university in a wide array of fields.If you are keen on pursuing a career in academic, the programme will provide excellent preparation for further studies at the doctoral level. Several of our graduates have gone on to do a PhD and become university lecturers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The program include courses and independent degree projects.
- During the first year, a series of work-oriented seminar and study visits are common to all students in the program.
- The first term includes two program-based courses - a course in theory and method as well as a course with work-oriented lectures and study visits.
- In addition, courses are taught in linguistics.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 34 other Masters in Languages in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree, equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen, from an internationally recognised university. The main field of study must be general linguistics.
- Selection: Higher education credits (maximum 285 credits).Tuition fee-paying students and non-paying students are admitted on the same grounds but in different selection groups.
International9962 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19924 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- Application Fee: SEK 900
- Tuition fee, first semester: SEK 50000
- Tuition fee, total: SEK 200000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.