During the Postgraduate Diploma for Overseas Pharmacists programme from Aston University, you’ll receive the key theoretical and practical training in topics essential for a career in pharmacy in the UK. You’ll learn the newest developments in key pharmaceutical sciences, clinical pharmacy, and pharmacy practice, together with the study of health service delivery, and UK pharmacy law and ethics.
With our roots stretching back to the establishment of the Birmingham Pharmaceutical Institution in 1847, being the only Pharmacy School in the UK to hold a prestigious Regius Chair in Pharmacy awarded by HM the Queen, and our strong links with the NHS and industry, Aston Pharmacy School is the ideal place to further your career in the UK.
On successful completion of this programme, you’ll be eligible to undertake your Foundation training placement and GPhC registration assessment, before applying to register as a qualified pharmacist with GPhC.
While we are not responsible for the provision of a Foundation training post, or the preparation for professional qualifying examinations, during your time at Aston you will have access to a wide range of services and support as you embark upon your first career steps. Our dedicated Careers and Placements team offer interview support, CV surgeries and specialist on campus careers fairs. You will also have the Aston Pharmacy School team on hand to assist with any questions you have about securing your Foundation training post.
There is an excellent track record of Aston OSPAP students obtaining and successfully completing Foundation training, with graduates going on to roles in community pharmacies, GP surgeries, NHS Primary Care Trusts and hospitals.
- In its substantial theme you will develop the knowledge and skills for contemporary pharmacy practice, including advanced therapeutic skills that integrate clinical knowledge and the latest developments in drug delivery and formulation.
- During this theme you will learn about the delivery of pharmacy and healthcare services in the UK, for example the law and ethics relating to pharmacy practice.
- You will also be supported in the transition from your home qualification to the UK context, and in the transition from the OSPAP programme to your further studies and Foundation training year.
- 9 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemistry International Development Pharmacy View 233 other Masters in Chemistry in United Kingdom
- A pharmacy degree approved by the General Pharmaceutical Council for entry onto an OSPAP course. You will require documented approval from the GPhC regarding eligibility to undertake OSPAP prior to applying to Aston University. Please note that it may take up to two months to gain approval from the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC). Candidates wishing to apply for a pre-registration position via the national Oriel scheme, are advised that applications should be made early to ensure acceptance onto the course before June in the year of entry.
- An appropriate English language qualification: the GPhC have recently revised the evidence that they are willing to accept for English Language knowledge. Their requirements are listed below. You are required to provide one of these four types of evidence to the GPhC, however Aston University will only accept types 1 and 2:
International18150 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18150 GBP for the full programme during 9 months.
National12100 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12100 GBP for the full programme during 9 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.