The programme from the University College London (UCL) consists of lectures and seminars, project work and a dissertation. It aims to give you an understanding of the range of variation across national boundaries, and theoretical and practical knowledge that can be applied internationally.
The MSc/PGDip explores the systems through which urban planning and property development operate:
- market mechanisms
- ownership frameworks
- taxation and subsidy
- land use
- policy planning
It also considers market mechanisms from the perspective of investors, developers and occupiers of buildings, and the relationship between markets and policy at various geographical levels.
Graduates of the programme who were not already employed have taken jobs in private and public organisations in the field of real estate and planning in the UK and abroad.
Graduates of the International Real Estate and Planning MSc have been very successful in gaining subsequent employment, and at present there is a growing demand for our Master's graduates from a wide range of both public and private employers. This programme prepares students both theoretically and practically to practise across international boundaries in the fields of urban policy, real estate market analysis and property development.
Students will develop the necessary skills, knowledge and aptitudes to become creative, problem-solving professionals and to co-operate and engage creatively with others as both team members and team leaders. Graduates will also be equipped to engage in research, policy and regulatory activities relating to the field.
The Master's programme is fully accredited by both RTPI and RICS
- Planning Practices in Europe
- Real Estate Appraisal
- Real Estate Development
- Real Estate Investment
- Comparative Urban Projects
- Critical Debates in Real Estate and Planning
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Real Estate & Property Management Urban Planning View 134 other Masters in Urban Planning in United Kingdom
- An upper second-class honours Bachelor's degree (or higher) from a UK university or an overseas qualification of equivalent standing is required. There is no particular subject requirement as the MSc provides an 'initial' planning and real estate education for graduates with cognate or non-cognate degrees.
- Applicants who do not hold an upper second-class degree may, in exceptional cases, be admitted to the programme if they are able to demonstrate considerable senior-level professional experience in planning real estate or a related field.
International29400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.