This is a unique opportunity to study at a choice of nine European universities and receive one joint degree, while gaining access to Europe's top marine research institutes.
As a student on this exciting Applied Sport And Exercise Nutrition programme from Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology, you will have the opportunity to:
- Be part of an international student community
- Experience the diversity of European marine ecosystems
- Choose a thematic specialization fit to your own personal interests
- Gain valuable skills through extensive practical and laboratory training
- Present your thesis at an international open symposium
- Research projects as an integral part of your study programme
- Participate in a 10-day field research project during the IMBRSea Joint School
The IMBRSea programme will prepare you for a broad range of careers from academic marine research to working within industry, governmental or non-governmental organisations.
Potential roles include:
- Fisheries biologist
- Marine consultant
- Ocean and coastal policy coordinator
- Contract scientific diver
- Marine biologist
- Marine park manager
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureProgramme Modules
- Fundamentals module
- Professional Practice
- Joint Summer School
- Thesis Preparation
- Annual Symposium
- Marine Food Production
- Management of Living Marine Resources
- Applied Marine Ecology and Conservation
- Marine Environment Health
- Global Ocean Changes
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Sports Management Sports Sciences View 11 other Masters in Sports Management in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A prerequisite for admission is that applicants have a Bachelor (or Master) degree in biology, ecology, environmental sciences, oceanography, marine sciences, geography, geology, veterinary medicine or other equivalent degrees with minimum 180 credits (3 years).
International4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA3500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3500 EUR per year during 24 months.
The annual fees cover:
- Enrolment and tuition costs at universities of study
- Joint School costs: food, accommodation
- Annual Symposium costs: food, accommodation
Living costs for Galway
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.