Diploma MSc is a collaborative partner of the University of South Wales and on successful completion of this course, you will receive a Postgraduate Diploma in Sports and Exercise Medicine (Online).
The Sports and Exercise Medicine Postgraduate Diploma is designed to be practical and clinically focused.
On completion of the course, students will have obtained:
- A systematic understanding of the basics of sports medicine and exercise physiology, including the behavioural and life science basis.
- A critical awareness of current issues affecting the care of patients with certain sports related injuries and the tailored benefits of exercise.
- An advanced knowledge of sports and exercise medicine, including physiology and anatomy of exercise.
- An ability to use knowledge to adapt professional practice to meet the changing demands of healthcare systems.
It is envisaged that most students will be in primary care or aspiring to such posts. The course is designed to be relevant to all health professionals who have exposure to people with sports related injuries and is particularly relevant to Physiotherapists, Sports Therapists, Chiropractors and Primary Care Physicians with a specialist interest in sports and exercise medicine.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Anatomy, Physiology and Psychology of Sport and Exercise
- Exercise and Sport in Relation to Chronic Disease and Populations
- Injury Prevention, Rehabilitation and Retum to Exercise
- Common Sports Injuries and Investigation
- Management and Rehabilitation Planning of Sports and Exercise Related Injuries
- The Multidisciplinary Team in Exercise and Sport
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Sports Management Sports Sciences View 52 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Since our courses are conducted entirely online, they are accessible to both UK and international registered healthcare professionals.
- To secure your place on the course, applicants will usually possess a 2:1 first degree or equivalent (including international qualifications) in a relevant professional healthcare field. Applicants will typically be Doctors, Physiotherapists, Sports Therapists or other Allied Healthcare Professionals currently working within a clinical environment. Registered healthcare professionals without these recognised qualifications will be considered on an individual basis and a wide range of prior experience may be taken into account.
- In some cases, applicants may be asked to submit a piece of work for assessment in order to confirm that they are able to work comfortably at postgraduate level, and demonstrate the requisite clinical and professional knowledge.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4980 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4980 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA4980 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4980 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.