The Postgraduate Diploma in Genomic Medicine and Healthcare aims to equip graduates with critical knowledge and understanding of genomic medicine. Graduates will be able to apply knowledge for direct clinical benefit and future study. Our course also caters to the educational needs of a primary and secondary care audience, and is the only one of its kind that is completely accessible online.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Genomic Medicine and Healthcare (Online) from Diploma MSc has been designed for General Medical Practitioners, Specialist Medical Practitioners (for example Paediatrics, General Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Medical Oncology), Allied Health Professionals (Clinical Psychologists, Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists), Nurses (Cancer, Cardiac, Paediatric, Neurology etc.) and Midwives. In addition, the course would be of interest to those with related undergraduate degrees (e.g. Dietetics, Biomedical Science, Pharmacy) or equivalent professional qualifications and background experience.
On completion of the Genomic Medicine and Healthcare Postgraduate Diploma you will demonstrate:
- A systematic understanding of genetics and genomic factors in human diseases.
- A critical awareness of current issues affecting the management of inherited human diseases.
- An advanced knowledge of clinical genomics that will facilitate decision-making in unpredictable and/or complex situations.
- An ability to critically evaluate current research in applied and translational genetics and genomics.
- An ability to deliver management strategies for the investigation and treatment of patients with inherited human diseases.
- A basic understanding of the scope and effect of genomics on treatments including horizon scanning of potential new targeted treatments for wider population.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Medical Genetics and Genomics
- Genetic Counselling
- Genomics and Society
- Practice of Clinical Genomics
- Reproductive Genomics
- Genomic Healthcare
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Complementary & Alternative Medicine Health Sciences View 210 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Since our courses are conducted entirely online, they are accessible to both UK and international registered healthcare professionals.
- Applicants will typically hold a first degree or equivalent (including international qualifications) in a relevant professional healthcare field, such as a medical or nursing degree. Registered healthcare professionals without these recognised qualifications will be considered on an individual basis and a wide range of prior experience may be taken into account.
- In some cases, applicants may be asked to submit a piece of work for assessment in order to confirm that they are able to work comfortably at postgraduate level, and demonstrate the requisite clinical and professional knowledge.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3900 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA3900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3900 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.