Diploma MSc is a collaborative partner of the University of South Wales and on successful completion of this course, you will receive an Clinical Psychiatry (Online) MSc.
Mental health is becoming increasingly more challenging, so it’s essential to be able to deal with complex situations you may face as a healthcare professional with confidence.
The one year MSc in Clinical Psychiatry is available to those who have successfully completed the Clinical Psychiatry Postgraduate Diploma (120 credits). This can be from Diploma MSc, the University of South Wales or from another UK university (having completed similar modules).
For those who have not completed the postgraduate diploma, you can apply for the Clinical Psychiatry MSc as a two year course, consisting of eight modules (180 credits) with the first 120 credits deriving from the postgraduate diploma.
The Clinical Psychiatry MSc course starts with an initial 10 week online module that will develop skills in critical appraisal and knowledge of research methodologies. Students then complete the professional project module, which consists of a 1,200 word proposal and 10,800 word professional project (dissertation).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methodologies and Critical Appraisal
- Professional Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
180 credits with the first 120 credits deriving from the postgraduate diploma
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Clinical Psychology View 71 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entry to the one year Clinical Psychiatry MSc will require successful completion of the Clinical Psychiatry Postgraduate Diploma (120 credits). This can be from Diploma MSc, the University of South Wales or another UK university (having completed similar modules). We can discuss this with you during your application.
- Individuals who have not completed the postgraduate diploma can apply for the Clinical Psychiatry MSc as a two year course consisting of eight modules (180 credits) with the first 120 credits deriving from the postgraduate diploma.
Entry requirements for the two-year course are as for the Postgraduate Diploma.
Applicants should be working in a clinical setting, either in the UK or overseas, and have a science degree in a relevant subject. You will also need to submit copies of the following with your application:
- Qualification certificates
- A maximum of two professional and/or academic references
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8400 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA4200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8400 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.