Diploma MSc is a collaborative partner of the University of South Wales and on successful completion of this course, you will receive a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Psychiatry (Online).
Mental health is becoming increasingly challenging, with approximately 1 in 4 people in the UK likely to experience a mental health problem every year. These presentations can be on a wide spectrum, including change in behaviour, substance misuse, mood disorder, psychosis, dementia and more.
Due to the prevalence of mental health symptoms, it is highly likely that the first presentation and follow up of those suffering from these conditions will be assessed and managed in general practice or by non-psychiatrists in primary or secondary care. Therefore it is essential to be able to deal with these complex situations with confidence.
The Clinical Psychiatry Postgraduate Diploma will improve your knowledge to ensure the best patient outcome. In addition, you'll be up to date with new classifications, treatments, and assessments that integrate psychological and social sciences, demonstrate how the field links to others (such as acute medicine, surgery, perinatal services, children’s services and primary care) and have an understanding of how the Capacity Acts and Mental Health Act influence delivery of services and the implications for you as a healthcare professional.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Recognition of Psychiatric Disorders in Primary Care
- Common Psychiatric Disorders
- Psychiatric Disorders in Later Life
- Atypical Psychiatric Presentations
- Early Years, Leaming Disability and Neuropsychiatry
- Substance Misuse and Mental Health
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Clinical Psychology View 130 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Since our courses are conducted entirely online, they are accessible to both UK and international registered healthcare professionals.
- Applicants will typically hold a first degree or equivalent (including international qualifications) in a relevant professional healthcare field, such as a medical or nursing degree. Registered healthcare professionals without these recognised qualifications will be considered on an individual basis and a wide range of prior experience may be taken into account.
- In some cases, applicants may be asked to submit a piece of work for assessment in order to confirm that they are able to work comfortably at postgraduate level, and demonstrate the requisite clinical and professional knowledge.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.