Sustainable rural development involves challenging the disparities between rural and urban areas, protecting the countryside and sustaining local services.
The Leadership for Sustainable Rural Development programme at Queen's University Belfast fosters critical thinking and promotes the use of initiative for problem solving and decision-making in sustainable development.
Leadership For Sustainable Rural Development Highlights
The School was the first school of Biological Sciences in the UK to achieve a prestigious Athena SWAN Gold award in recognition of its outstanding progress in promoting gender equality and addressing the unequal representation of women in science.
This MSc will equip you to work in a variety of roles in both the private and public sector, here in Northern Ireland, and internationally. Our recent graduates have went onto a wide range of roles such as; Communications and Engagement Specialist; Environmental Manager; Sustainability Consultant; Housing Development; Recycling Education Promotions Officer; International Development Volunteer; Marine Community Support Officer; Parliamentary Assistant and Environmental Consultant.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Students will be introduced to leadership and sustainable development over three taught modules to help gain an overview of the principles and values of sustainable development, and why it is important.
- Leadership for Sustainable Development: explores theories and practices of leadership and project management in the context of sustainable development.
- Foundations for Sustainable Development 1 & 2: considers core themes, policies and strategies underpinning sustainable development.
- Effective Leadership (Group Project): requires a small group of students to engage over the year in a project of their choice to promote sustainable development through 'experiential learning'
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Sustainable Development View 1364 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
- Normally a 2.2 Honours degree or above or an equivalent qualification acceptable to the University.
- Applicants who do not meet the above academic requirements will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Submission of a portfolio and/or interview may be required.
International16900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16900 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6140 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6140 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
England, Scotland or Wales (GB) £6,900
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.