Queen’s University Belfast has developed a dynamic new MSc programme for students seeking careers in the global pharmaceutical industry. Industrial pharmaceutics plays a vital role in the development, validation and manufacture of new medicines, ensuring their safety and quality, and MSc graduates will be able to avail of employment opportunities at all stages of the medicine development pipeline.
The School of Pharmacy at Queen’s has an excellent global reputation and is highly ranked for both teaching and research. Active areas of research within the School include Drug Delivery and Biomaterials, Infection and Antimicrobial Resistance, Nanomedicine and Biotherapeutics, and Pharmaceutical Materials Science and Formulation.
Graduates from this Industrial Pharmaceutics programme at Queen's University Belfast will be able to pursue a career in a range of areas, such as:
- Pharmaceutical Industry (e.g. R&D, production, regulatory)
- Academia (research and teaching)
- Government agencies, such as drug licensing authorities
- Scientific Research
Learning and Teaching
Learning opportunities associated with this course are outlined below:
- Learning and Teaching
We provide a range of learning experiences which enable our students to engage with subject experts, develop attributes and perspectives that will equip them for life and work in a global society and make use of innovative technologies and a world-class library that enhances their development as independent, lifelong learners.
Across a combination of morning and afternoon classes, examples of the opportunities provided for learning on this course are lectures, practical laboratory experiences, self-directed study and supervised research work to enhance employability.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Characterisation Methods for Pharmaceutical Products
- Formulation of Pharmaceutical & Biopharmaceutical Products
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing & Emerging Technologies
- Project Management & Entrepreneurship
- Quality Assurance & Regulatory Affairs
- Research Methods & Data Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPharmacy View 158 other Masters in Pharmacy in United Kingdom
- Normally a 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University in Chemistry, Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemical Engineering or closely allied subject. The School of Pharmacy reserves the right to interview applicants or review the content of their previous qualifications to ensure suitability to enter the programme.
International20800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20800 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6140 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6140 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.