The modules offered in the MPA programme are designed to provide participants with a rigorous and inter-disciplinary curriculum in public administration, economics, and law. The Master in Public Administration offered at University of Limerick aims to equip students with a comprehensive knowledge of the nature, role and development of the public sector, and an awareness of public service values.
Students take compulsory modules in Public Administration, Economics, Organisational Behaviour, Policy Analysis and Law. For the research element of the programme students participate in a research methods module designed for practitioners and complete an individual research project. Both the 1 year full-time and 2 year part-time MPA also provide an exit award of Graduate Diploma in Public Administration for students who meet the academic requirements of the taught programme (60 ects) and do not proceed to the dissertation (30 ects).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Public Administration Theory & Practice
- Research Methods for Practitioners
- Organisational Behaviour
- Economics for Business
- Collaborative Governance & Leadership
- International Economic Issues
- Administrative Law
- Using Evidence to Improve Societal Outcomes in the Real World
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Administration View 5 other Masters in Public Administration in Ireland
- Qualification transcripts and certificates
- English language qualification(s) if English is not your first language
- Certified English translation of your transcripts/certificates where the original transcripts are in a language other than English.
- A copy of your birth certificate or passport
International7104 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7104 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA3260 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3260 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Limerick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.