You will learn how to plan, develop and execute effective public relations strategies.
You will build critical skills in all aspects of PR. Experienced professors of the Public Relations certificate at Humber College will help you develop writing skills, public relations strategies, research and planning abilities, and a high degree of social and traditional media literacy.
Practical public relations courses in PR theory, marketing communications, public affairs, media relations, corporate social responsibility, sustainability and change management will provide you with a valuable and useful introduction to the field. Your teamwork, collaborative, and leadership skills will be honed through group assignments.
As a PR practitioner, your work will be varied and fast-paced. It may include careers in media relations, internal communications, community relations, government relations/public affairs, investor relations, crisis management, event planning, publicity, marketing communications, consulting and issues management.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Public Relations Writing and Lab
- Public Relations Presentation Skills
- Communicating CSR and Sustainability
- Research for Public Relations
- Media Relations
- Change Management and Communications
- Design for Public Relations Practitioners
- Professional Practice
- Field Placement
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
Deadline for equal consideration in the admission process: February 1. Post-February 1 applications will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis.
DisciplinesMarketing Public Relations Digital Marketing View 13 other Masters in Public Relations in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor’s degree
- Applicants will attend an online interiew prior to which they must submit a detailed resume and a one-page letter of intent (350 words).
- The letter of intent should express why they have an interest in public relations, and in Humber's Public Relations graduate certificate program. A faculty member will review the submission and then contact the applicant about their online (via Skype) interview schedule.
Laptop or Computer: Ability to run Microsoft programs
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15568 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7784 CAD per semester during 12 months.
National4794 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2397 CAD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Toronto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.