Students from these three advertising disciplines take classes and work together in teams to learn every aspect of the industry. Your networking begins day one.
Just like in the real world.
The Advertising Copywriting Ontario Graduate Certificate from Humber College gives you the specialized skills to develop creative solutions to real business problems. Over two intense semesters, you will develop a variety of strategic, conceptual and practical skills. You’ll learn how to write powerful, effective, engaging copy for all media. As well, you’ll gain a comprehensive understanding of advertising art direction, marketing, branding and strategic development. This unique combination of skills will enable you to build a comprehensive portfolio of creative work that reflects the industry standards required for field placement and entry-level copywriting positions.
Graduates are prepared to work as copywriters in advertising agencies, marketing communications agencies, digital agencies, in-house creative departments and other businesses that provide creative solutions to business challenges.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Copywriting 101
- Art Direction 101
- Writing for Digital Media
- Persuasive Techniques
- Creative Brief Development & Strategy
- Creative Process
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMedia Studies & Mass Media View 56 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor’s degree, advanced diploma or diploma
- Applicants must submit a letter of intent (max. 400 words) describing your interest and knowledge of the creative aspects of advertising. Feel free to include any projects, periods or styles, influences, agencies, designers, artists or information that you feel have influenced you artistically, or have inspired you to pursue a career in this field.
- Applicants must select and submit 3-4 pieces of original written work: creative writing, poetry, short stories, screenplay excerpts, any work that captures your skill and expresses your creativity (please note: academic essays are not a good indicator of creative writing).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18048 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18048 CAD for the full programme during 12 months.
National5779 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5779 CAD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Toronto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.