By taking the Addictions and Mental Health program from Humber College you will acquire the knowledge, skills and abilities required by employers to deliver effective services to people with addictions and mental health concerns, while promoting empowerment, self-determination and optimal quality of life.
The curriculum examines social determinants of health, recovery principles, empowering practices, and trauma-informed approaches, ensuring graduates are prepared for the workforce.
Qualify for employment in various organizations including community mental health and addictions services, residential treatment centres, youth and family services, housing services, and crisis response services.
Our graduates obtain professional opportunities including:
- community support worker
- housing worker
- case manager
- crisis worker
- mental health worker
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mental Health and Addiction Foundations
- Counselling Foundations
- Substance Use and Dependency
- Community Services and Supports in Addictions and Mental Health
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusive Practice in Mental Health and Addictions
- Behavioural Addictions
- Professional Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
Deadline for equal consideration in the admission process: February 1. Post-February 1 applications will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis.
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences View 301 other Masters in Health Sciences in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants that have attended secondary school outside Ontario must prove that his or her educational standing is equivalent to the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD).
- For all Canadian provinces or territories, successful completion of a Grade 12 diploma is required. For the province of Quebec, Secondary V is required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19997 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19997 CAD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Toronto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.