You will acquire the knowledge, skills and abilities required by front-line workers in order to deliver effective addictions and mental health services while promoting empowerment, self-determination and optimum quality of life to individuals with addictions and mental health issues.
Recovery principles, empowerment practice, and the impact of early and ongoing trauma in the lives of individuals across the lifespan are examined in the curriculum.
Qualify for employment in various organizations including community mental health and addictions services, residential treatment centres, youth and family services, housing services, and crisis response services.
- community support worker
- housing worker
- case manager
- crisis worker
- mental health worker
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mental Health and Addiction Foundations
- Counselling Foundations
- Substance Use and Dependency
- Community Services and Supports in Addictions and Mental Health
- Holistic Approaches to Wellbeing
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusive Practice in Mental Health and Addictions
- Ethical Practice and Professionalism in Mental Health and Addictions
- Professional Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
Deadline for equal consideration in the admission process: February 1. Post-February 1 applications will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis.
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences View 275 other Masters in Health Sciences in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor’s degree
- Applicants must submit a detailed resume including education, work and/or volunteer experience.
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents with international education are required to provide a WES or ICAS evaluation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17452 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8726 CAD per semester during 18 months.
National4354 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2177 CAD per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for Toronto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.