The outstanding feature is that the three semester Master's programme combines a thorough scientific education with industry-specific training. Students acquire in-depth knowledge in various fields of Pharmaceutical Sciences and gain scientific skills and insight into drug development prozess.
It addresses talented and highly motivated students with a Bachelor's degree in pharmaceutical sciences, the health sciences, biology or biomedicine.
ETH Zurich - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology is one of the leading universities of technology and natural sciences. The scientific courses within the programme are taught by faculty members of the Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences. Industry-specific subjects are covered by experts from the pharmaceutical industry. The pharmaceutical industry ranks among the most innovative and profitable sectors of the Swiss economy.
In the year 2007, ETH Zurich introduced the Master's degree programme in Medicinal and Industrial Pharmaceutical Sciences MIPS. The programme was totally revised and started in 2017 under the new name MSc in Pharmaceutical Sciences.
What does the new Pharmaceutical Sciences programme offer?
- in-depth knowledge of the drug development process and insight into working areas in the pharmaceutical industry
- a strong focus on practical work in an academic or industrial environment
- an ideal preparation for PhD studies in pharmaceutical or (bio)medical research
- an individually tailored curriculum supported by a turoring system (high proportion of elective courses; 22/90 ECTS)
- practical training in world-leading ETH research groups in the fields of pharmaceutical sciences
- training by experts from academia AND industry
- trainings in interdisciplinary skills which prepare students for future professional activities in industry as well as in academic research (e.g. scientific writing, biostatistics, ethics, project management)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Master's thesis (6 months)
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPharmacy Health Sciences View 5 other Masters in Pharmacy in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The main requirements are:
International662 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 662 EUR per year during 18 months.
National662 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 662 EUR per year during 18 months.
- Tuition fee: CHF 730/Semester
Living costs for Zürich
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.