On successful completion of this Diploma programme at University College Cork, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate application of complex clinical trial design and analysis;
- Identify and apply the practical and management issues in the design and implementation of clinical trials;
- Apply clinical trial regulations to the conduct of clinical trials;
- Apply key ethical principles when conducting clinical trials;
- Critically evaluate all aspects of how clinical trials are managed, reviewed and reported;
- Demonstrate effective communication and discussion skills and write effectively through ongoing participation in online discussions
Clinical Trials is a rapidly expanding discipline with exciting new job opportunities in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sectors. On completion of the programme, you can pursue a career in the academic, pharmaceutical, or medical device sectors that include the following roles:
- Clinical Trialist
- Quality Manager
- Project Manager
- Trial Monitor
- Data Associate
- Advanced Clinical Trial Design
- Regulated Clinical Trials
- Management of Multicentre Studies
- Clinical Research
- 9 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 26 other Masters in Human Medicine in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants accepted on the Postgraduate Diploma Clinical Trials are expected to hold an honours Postgraduate Certificate Clinical Trials (minimum Second Class Honours Grade II from UCC).
- Applicants applying for the Postgraduate Diploma Clinical Trials and who have obtained a Postgraduate Certificate Clinical Trials or Postgraduate Certificate Clinical Research from an institution other than UCC (minimum Second Class Honours Grade II) will be considered under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) on a case-by-case basis by the Clinical Trials Programme team
- Such applicants may also be asked to participate in an interview. Decisions on selection to the programme will be made based on academic qualifications, personal statement, and a possible interview.
International7700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7700 EUR per year during 9 months.
EU/EEA7330 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7330 EUR per year during 9 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.