Clinical Trials at University College Cork is a wholly online, part-time course designed for the working professional. Students can expect to dedicate a minimum of 20 hours per week. Study areas include advanced clinical trial design and analysis, regulated clinical trials and pharmacovigilance and management of multicentre studies. On successful completion of these three 10-credit modules, students should be capable of designing and running a multicentre clinical trial.
This Postgraduate Diploma Clinical Trials is an online course designed to give a competitive advantage for those wishing to pursue a career in clinical trials in the pharmaceutical, medical device or academic sectors.
It is the first such course in Ireland providing a pathway for progression to a MSc Clinical Trials. Clinical Trialists, with experience designing, analysing and conducting multicentre, multinational clinical trials, and who bring practical application to teaching (integrating design and analysis of clinical trials), coordinate and teach the Postgraduate Certificate in Clinical Trials.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Clinical Trial Design and Analysis
- Regulated Clinical Trials and Pharmacovigilance
- Management of Multicentre Studies
- 9 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 28 other Masters in Health Sciences in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You will need access to a laptop or desktop (either Mac OS or Windows) running a relatively recent operating system (Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 or Mac OSX 10.8, 10.9, 10.10). Access to the Canvas Virtual Learning Environment is supported by UCC through IOS and Android apps, which are available from the respective App stores.
- You will need access to a reliable broadband connection with at least 2MB download speeds. You can test your broadband or 4G speeds by visiting http://www.speedtest.net
- You must have a modern web browser installed. The most reliable options for use with UCC online learning are Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Download and installation instructions will be provided.
International7330 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7330 EUR per year during 9 months.
EU/EEA7330 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7330 EUR per year during 9 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.