Objectives of the International Master in Marine Biological Resources from the University of the Basque Country
- to understand how marine biodiversity varies across spatial/temporal scales, and between levels of biological organisation
- to generate theory, models and tests to relate marine biodiversity to ecosystem functioning
- to understand the value of marine biodiversity and to support the sustainable management of marine biodiversity
4 Reasons to Study this Master
- Connected to EMBRC-ERIC, a research pan-European infrastructure
- Compulsory mobility
- EHEA excellence label
- Professional competitiveness
The IMBRSea programme prepares you for a broad range of careers from academic marine research to working within industry, governmental or non-governmental organisations, say:
- Fisheries biologist
- Marine consultant
- Ocean and coastal policy coordinator
- Marine biologist
- Marine park manager
- Marine GIS and spatial planning
- Marine ecology
- Marine genomics
- Marine policy and governance
- Quantitative methods in marine science
- Environmental (toxico)genomics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Marine Engineering View 5 other Masters in Marine Engineering in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Copy of the official Transcript of Records of all courses taken to achieve the BSc degree
- Copy of the BSc Degree Diploma, or equivalent suitable to be eligible for the MER2030 EMJMD Programme
- Copy of the Secondary School Degree,
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Two Reference Forms or Recommendation Letters submitted by academic/professional staff (on-line application procedure)3
- Complete the Proposed Study Plan Form (on-line), indicating the teaching modules of preference, research topics of interest and additional information4
- Copy of your Passport or national identity card, as proof of applicant’s nationality
- Copy of a Resident Official Document that verifies which the applicant’s place of residence at the time of application5
- Signed “Erasmus+ Scholarship Mandatory Declaration“ form, where applicants declare they comply with Erasmus+ eligibility requirements (e.g., 12 month rule, etc.)
International4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA3500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3500 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Bilbao
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.