The Renewable Energy in the Marine Environment (REM) master is a joint Erasmus Mundus Master (EMJMD) offered by four universities: the the University of the Basque Country, the University of Strathclyde, the Norwegian University of Science and Technology and the Central School of Nantes.
The Master is co-financed by the European Union's Erasmus + programme and provides access to doctoral studies.
4 Reasons to Study this Master
- Unique International Master, four European Universities.
- Extensive network of centres and associated companies.
- Great career opportunity for students.
- Scholarships available.
The programme has been designed to allow specialisation in two tracks, "Marine Renewable Energy Systems Engineering" and "Power and Control Electronics for Marine Renewable Energy Systems".
The Masters will prepare the student for a leadership role in the renewable and marine energy sectors. Students will be able to perform high-level technical work in engineering companies, equipment manufacturers and other marine industries, and develop research careers at universities, research and development departments and other institutes
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Basque language and culture
- Energy Economics
- Environmental Impact Assessment for Offshore Renewable Energy
- Environmental conditions for marine renewable concepts
- Integration of renewable energy into the electricity system
- Marine Renewable Energy Systems
- Operation of transmission and distribution networks
- Operations and maintenance of marine energy arrays
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Sustainable Energy View 6 other Masters in Sustainable Energy in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Photocopy of your National ID card or passport (for non Spanish nationals).
- Certified copy or photocopy and original (for comparison purposes) of your Undergraduate, Architecture or Engineering Degree Certificate, Diploma, Technical Architecture or Technical Engineering Degree Certificate or certificate request slip. If the certificate is written in a language other than Spanish, Basque or English, then you must also submit a sworn translation of the contents.
- A passport-size photograph of yourself.
- Documents attesting to your right to pay reduced public fees, or your exemption from paying said fees (where appropriate).
- Prior qualification recognition commitment, in the case of Erasmus students.
International15500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15500 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA8500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8500 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Programme Country student 8.500 €
- Partner Country student 15.500 €
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.