The placement is undertaken between the taught part of the course and the dissertation; and will usually be 4 months in duration from May/June to September.
You’ll be responsible for securing your own work placement and will be supported by the University from job application to the interview. Although the placement is not guaranteed, the University maintains links with a wide network of organisations who offer placement opportunities. Placements may be paid or unpaid
The exponential increase in mobile devices, converged applications and Cloud technologies, initiatives such as Bring your Own Device (BYOD) / Choose Your Own Device (CYOD) and the advent of digital information technologies, has increased the proliferation of threats in our vibrant and active cyber-physical-natural environment diluting further its perimeter. Our cyberspace is constantly increasing its size almost linearly to its value recognising Cyber Security as a global response to the challenges posed by constantly evolving systems which are harder to secure.
The MSc in Cyber Security with Professional Practice from the University of Wolverhampton seeks to address the increasing demand for Cyber Security related domains in both academic, vocational qualifications and projection for an increased shortage of Cyber Security professionals in the industry. The course has been designed by a team of leading experts, researchers and trainers in the field and gives the opportunity to the students to be exposed to cutting-edge technologies, tools and techniques in cyber exploitation and defence.
- Ethical Hacking
- Incident Management and Response
- Information Assurance
- Internet of Things Security
- MSc Project Cyber Security
- Proactive Network Defence
- Research Methodologies and Project Management
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Direct applications can be made any time prior to the course start date but we will need sufficient time to process it.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences IT Security Cyber Security View 706 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
- A lower second honours degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- A Postgraduate Certificate in Computer Science or a related subject with a minimum grade C or 50% in all modules
- Evidence of industrial certifications in Information security such as CISSP, CEH, BCS will also be considered for suitable candidates with a minimum of 3 years working experience in related industries.
- An interview process will also be utilised to verify suitability for the course for candidates with non-standard academic backgrounds but with demonstrable industry experience in the field.
International15450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15450 GBP per year during 18 months.
- Please note this course is currently only open to INTERNATIONAL applicants.
Living costs for Wolverhampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.