The Writing workshops are on-site only and do not have an on-line component. In both years students take a variety of courses; in the second, students also complete a thesis. The thesis can be a novel, a work of creative non-fiction, a play, a collection of poems or short stories.
Connecting with Saskatchewan’s community of writers, students at the Writing MFA program offered at University of Saskatchewan work individually with a writer based on the complementary nature of the student’s project and the writer’s own style and genre. Saskatoon provides an environment that encourages the craft of writing. From a weekly-held poetry slam to independent theatre companies, twenty-five publishers, and award winning writers, literary arts are part of the city’s lifeblood. In 2013, the MFA in Writing launched the River Volta Reading Series, a student-run reading series in the community.
Specific dates for graduate writing workshops will be added in early September.
- Avoiding Plagiarism
- Writing Well-Organized Paragraphs
- Flow and Coherence in Your Writing
- Punctuating with Confidence
- Integrating Evidence into Your Writing
- Writing a Literature Review
- Writing a Thesis Proposal
- Structuring and Writing Your Thesis - Part 1
- Structuring and Writing Your Thesis - Part 2
- Writing an Academic Argument
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Nonfiction Workshop
- Extended Forms Capstone Workshop
- The Profession of Writing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducational Research Creative Writing Literature View 14 other Masters in Educational Research in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a completed online application, the application fee, and all supporting application documents
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (i.e. 60 credit units)
- a four-year honours degree, or equivalent, from a recognized college or university in an academic discipline relevant to the proposed field of study
International6730 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6730 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National4260 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4260 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.