The Department of Physics and Engineering Physics at University of Saskatchewan offers graduate programs leading to MSc and PhD degrees in Physics or in Engineering Physics.
This results in an environment where students can obtain excellent training in their discipline. Combined enrolment in our MSc and PhD programs ranges between 60 and 70 students.
The research activities of our faculty members and research scientists include strong international collaborations. The research specialties of our department include experimental, observational or theoretical aspects of the following fields:
- Atmospheric physics
- Advanced Materials/Devices Research
- Synchrotron Radiation Research
- Subatomic Physics
- Plasma Physics
- Solar-Terrestrial Physics
- Nuclear Materials and Transmutations
Major physics research facilities at the University of Saskatchewan include:
- Plasma Physics Laboratory (PPL)
- Institute of Space and Atmospheric Studies (ISAS)
- Subatomic Physics Institute (SPIN)
- Canadian Light Source (CLS) Synchrotron Facility, Canada's only synchrotron
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Physics and the Universe
- Physics for the Life Sciences
- Physics and Technology
- Introduction to Electricity and Magnetism
- Electricity and Magnetism Laboratory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPhysics View 48 other Masters in Physics in Canada
- Language Proficiency Requirements: Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English.
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (i.e. 60 credit units)
- a four-year honours degree, or equivalent, from a recognized college or university in an academic discipline relevant to the proposed field of study
International6730 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6730 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National4260 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4260 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.